We take pride in the highly personalized and practical handling of cases on behalf of employees and small business employers. Our representation covers a wide spectrum of labor and employment matters.
Labor and Employment Litigation for Employees/Employers:
- Wage and hour disputes for overtime, missed meal and rest breaks, commissions and bonuses, misclassification of employees/independent contractors and exempt/non-exempt employees, and other Labor Code violations.
- Workplace sexual harassment
- Discrimination based on age, disability, gender, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
- Wrongful termination
- Arbitration of employment matters
- Breach of employment contracts
- EDD Unemployment Insurance appeals
Risk Management for Employers:
We also help minimize and protect small businesses from legal exposure and liability by advising on employment-related risk management and legal compliance.
- Identify and investigate potential labor claim violations, including harassment, and discrimination (e.g., age, gender, racial, religion, sexual orientation, etc.) and wage and hour violations.
- Assist in the investigation of employee complaints and potential issues involving employee discipline and termination.
- Assist with self-auditing and self-monitoring of employment and wage practices (e.g., investigating and handling employee complaints, misclassification of exempt/non-exempt employees, wages, and meal/rest break practices).
- Assist in the development of company employment policies, including employee handbooks, contracts, confidentiality agreements, etc.